History of St. Cyril School
St. Cyril School opened its door for the first time in September of 1952. The entire staff of three Holy Cross Sisters came from St. Mary of the Lake in South Bend, Indiana. The original building, a used army barracks, housed 147 children in three classes. The pastor at that time was Monsignor Frances X. Donnellan, and it was his interest in quality education that led him to break ground in February of 1953 for the initial sections of the permanent structure of St. Cyril School.